Friday, July 17, 2015

Sharks: Deep Blue Sea




Just for the fun of it, we always do a Friday over shark related horror every summer to go with Discovery Channel's Shark Week, which used to be in August.  This year, presumably to allow for promotion of summer films, they moved it up by more than a month--to the second week of Wimbledon.... (arrrgh!).  So we have been forced to try to eek out what we can out of the week, through sparse recordings on the DVR and bad streaming broadband.  I will give them kudos this year for not airing any fake documentaries or resorting to end of week shark attack mayhem.  Pretty decent stuff produced for 2015. Being from the Gulf coast of Florida, I grew up with sharks of all sorts, not least which was the Bull Shark, I am completely against killing them (and no, I'm not a vegetarian).   So I am actually a shark lover--but being a horror movie fan I love a good fake chomp fest.  This is film at least adds a bit of mad science to the explanation of why these sharks are targeting humans.  And, for once, it's Mako's, not Great Whites. Sam Jackson certainly has the best death scene!




No comments:

Post a Comment